Monday, August 10, 2009

Wait....We Did WHAT?!?!


I Just Can't Take Any More Of This Winning Stuff!
I’ve been absent lately.

You see I recently checked out of St. Peter’s Hospital here in Albany, NY – I was being treated for post-traumatic stress disorder.

The Nats just reeled off eight straight and I’m really not quite sure how to handle it. Every night this past weekend I awoke at 11:30 p.m. in a sweaty frenzy convinced the national media was out to make me insane because I kept seeing that the Nationals won a baseball game on the scrolling ticker along the bottom of the NYNESNEPSN Sportscenter score alert ticker. I mean, the Nationals even won a game that GARRET MOCK STARTED. I would start screaming uncontrollably – I would try to loosen the straps that held me to the gurney and the nurses would rush in and give me a high-dosage shot of valium to put me back to sleep. The madness has to stop.

After a series of tests, they released me this morning convinced that between the off-day and the upcoming series with the now red-hot Atlanta Braves, I should be okay for the next few days. It could be short lived as the Nats have an upcoming FOUR GAME series with the slumping Reds who dumped talent at the deadline then a three game home series with Colorado who is mediocre on the road and another three-game home series with Milwaukee who can’t seem to get it going. I tell you, I am getting the shakes right now thinking about our lead in the Division Of Suck.

The Nats have made up eight games – IN EIGHT GAMES – against the Pirates and five games in the last ten against Kansas City. Our lead is shrinking faster than the Republican’s hope of filibustering the Obama Health Care Reform Act.

SOMEONE GET ME MY VALIUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment